Vital Records (Juminhyo and Koseki Registry)
by Japan PI
Citizen Documentation System in Japan
- Honseki (Permanent Domicile)
- The Name of The Head of The Family
We Can Get You Juminhyo or Koseki Certificates
Koseki family registry records system is unique to Japan and it is not compatible to foreign residents.
There is another citizen documentation system: Juminhyo residence records system. It lists current address and household information and it is for both Japanese and foreign residents.
To prove your residency in Japan for employment, tax or emigration purpose, this is the record you need to obtain. It also shows your Honseki (Permanent Domicile) if you are Japanese, which will help US to locate the Honseki.
At any rate, we will help you to obtain train any of those documents. Please feel free to contact us.
If you wonder what is Juminhyo or what is Koseki, please refer Japanese Citizen Documentations system
Required iinformation and documents
Bellow are the required information and documents to obtain govenment registry records:
- Name in Japanese and registered address in Japan
- Letter of authorization for Japanese city halls
- Copy of your ID card (Driver’s license, passport, etc.)
Vital Records Package
Juminhyo Residence Registry - US$600
Koseki Family Registry US$600 - US$1,200
Investigation of Address or Honseki - Contact Us
→ Vital Records Pricing
FAQs about Vital Records in Japan
The required information to get access to the Koseki family registry is:
- The permanent domicile (Honseki)
- The name of the had of the family
Below are the issues of Koseki family registry.
- Vital records are strictly confidential in Japan. No online
- You need to hire an attorney, registering the legal
reason for the application, name of the client, etc.
- You need to know the reference key (the permanent domicile) to get
access to the vital records.
- There are 50％ chances the last known address was his permanent domicile.
- To know the permanent domicile, you need to know the old address
which is younger than five years.