Japan PI Child Investigation Services

Child Custody Dispute in Japan

We understand the predicament of a child raised by a parent without the ability to provide an adequate home environment for children, especially in the international child custody dispute. During the period of divorce or separation in the international dispute, children will get involved in more significant negative stress than in the domestic disputes.

In some cases, a parent takes advantage of children to raise child support from the other. In other cases, a parent simply takes away children to revenge the other party.

Needless to say, the best interest of children is always our priority, and our compassionate and skilled bilingual investigators will work with the client and their attorney to solve the dispute over child custody.

No Joint Custody in Japan

Joint custody is non-existing by law in Japan’s laws
. Japanese family courts will give custody to the mothers automatically. It is not common for parents without custody to have visitation rights. This practice has been the source of international criticism for decades.

Type of Cases

  • International Custody Dispute
  • International Visitation Rights
  • Domestic Custody Dispute
  • Domestic Visitation Rights
  • Child Investigation (Locate or Monitor Without Dispute)

If it’s an international case, you can get a legal support (ADR) from the Japanese MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs). We can refer a bilingual attorney if you need legal assistance in Japan. Please refer The Hague Convention (Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction).

If it is a domestic case, there is no legal support from the Japanese government. You must solve this issue at your cost.

How We Can Help

Whether you are a concerned parent or an attorney we can provide you with expert, quality services. We sincerely hope to cooperate to ensure your children’s quality of life and your peace of mind.

  • Locate children who are taken away
  • Background investigation on the subject (parent), their family members or cohabitants
  • Surveillance to verify if the child is abused or neglected, if there are signs of alcohol or drug abuse, etc.
  • On-Site Investigation to assess the raising environment or to confirm the health and safety of the children

FAQ’s on Child Investigations

Where to file a Hague Application for child abduction?

If you are US citizen, below is the contact information:

Travel.State.Gov. File a Hague Application of Child Abduction.

You can have legal aid from the Japanese government.

Legal Aid for the Hague Convention in Japan, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Japan

Thanks to your excellent service, I was successfully resumed my visitation rights to my daughter. This puts my heart at ease greatly. Thank you very much for the pictures of the kids. Now finally I know their school and life in general.


Jimmy S., USA

Contact Form for Child Investigation

Get to know how we can help.

Get Free Estimate