Child Investigation Services
by Japan PI
Child Custody Dispute in Japan
We understand the predicament of a child raised by a parent without the ability to provide an adequate home environment for children, especially in the international child custody dispute. During the period of divorce or separation in the international dispute, children will get involved in more significant negative stress than in the domestic disputes.
In some cases, a parent takes advantage of children to raise child support from the other. In other cases, a parent simply takes away children to revenge the other party.
Needless to say, the best interest of children is always our priority, and our compassionate and skilled bilingual investigators will work with the client and their attorney to solve the dispute over child custody.
No Joint Custody in Japan
Joint custody is non-existing by law in Japan’s laws
- Japanese family courts will give custody to the mothers automatically. It is not common for parents without custody to have visitation rights. This practice has been the source of international criticism for decades.
Type of Cases
- International Custody Dispute
- International Visitation Rights
- Domestic Custody Dispute
- Domestic Visitation Rights
- Child Investigation (Locate or Monitor Without Dispute)
If it’s an international case, you can get a legal support (ADR) from the Japanese MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs). We can refer a bilingual attorney if you need legal assistance in Japan. Please refer The Hague Convention (Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction).
If it is a domestic case, there is no legal support from the Japanese government. You must solve this issue at your cost.
How We Can Help
Whether you are a concerned parent or an attorney we can provide you with expert, quality services. We sincerely hope to cooperate to ensure your children’s quality of life and your peace of mind.
- Locate children who are taken away
- Background investigation on the subject (parent), their family members or cohabitants
- Surveillance to verify if the child is abused or neglected, if there are signs of alcohol or drug abuse, etc.
- On-Site Investigation to assess the raising environment or to confirm the health and safety of the children
FAQ’s on Child Investigations
If you are US citizen, below is the contact information:
You can have legal aid from the Japanese government.
Contact Form for Child Investigation
Get to know how we can help.