Finding missing persons in Japan can be a difficult endeavor if one is not equipped with the right tools. Our role as a private investigation firm is to work with our clients to provide the safest and most effective services to locate the subject(s) in question.
Our mission is to secure the safety and confidentiality of our clients. We do our utmost to carry out investigatory law services to the best of our ability.
As a private investigation firm, we would like to explain the types of services we provide. These services include but are not limited to:
- Tracking individuals
- Locating missing persons
- Finding first loves
- Reuniting long lost family members
- Locating addresses by employment location
- Locating addresses by phone number
- Skip Tracing*
*Skip tracing is an industry term that involves locating a fugitive that cannot be found at his or her usual locations. The purpose of these services may include debt collection, witness location or any type of investigation that makes it difficult to locate a subject.
Private Investigation in Japan vs. Other Countries
Investigatory services in Japan differ greatly from those in other countries. There are strict privacy laws in place and there are no instantaneous search databases that allow investigators to locate individuals’ addresses from a first and last name.
Other differences include the following:
- Almost all government registration records are not open to the public with the exception of real-estate registration records and company registration records.
- The Act on Protection of Personal Information (effective since April 1, 2005) severely limits the acquisition of personal information by the public.
- The majority of government records, which are often open to the public in other countries, are strictly confidential in Japan.
- Japan’s government is severely lacking in their documentation of foreign residents due to a small number of immigrants and language barrier issues. This may prevent us from gathering information through government records.
Due to the extensive searching methods required to located missing persons in Japan as explained above, rates are higher and it often takes more time to find the subject(s) than in other countries.
How We Work Together
Regarding Reuniting Loved Ones:
We are proudly able to state our ability to locate missing persons with a high rate of success if provided with any of the crucial information listed below:
- Previous address
- Previous telephone number
- Parents’ address
Regarding Locating Runaways and Missing Persons:
If you are able to provide any of the information below, it would be invaluable to our efforts in locating the subject(s) in question:
- Records of outgoing phone calls before and after the disappearance
- Home/mobile phone statements
- Credit card statement
- ATM and/or credit card activity
- Computer history
- E-mail and/or Internet history
- Personal belongings left behind
- Paid bills
- Any information handwritten by the missing person